Friday, November 11, 2016

Passion After The Election

Last Tuesday, America voted. We voted in the same manner we have voted for many years.

Last Tuesday, America decided. We decided on a new leader for our country in the same manner we have decided for many years.

Last Wednesday, America erupted. Now... this is new. This year we handled the "day after" in a completely different manner than we have done so for many years.

I have never seen the country so passionate. This is a good thing. The way we're handling it... not so good. The outbursts we're seeing may be due to our lack of experience in even being passionate. America is built on hopes and dreams. We have created a 3 branches of government so that we never have a hierarchy or one person in charge. We vote to pass laws to protect and govern the foundations that we build for the good of everyone here. We ban together against common enemies and work to protect those that can't protect themselves. We are a pretty amazing and smart group of individuals. So what do you do with all these thoughts and feelings you're going through? You figure out a way to use your passion constructively.

When I'm excited about something, I usually set out to show others how good, encouraging or wonderful my ideas are. I'm not in the habit of telling the person, I'm trying to convince, how wrong or stupid they are for not agreeing with me. I don't want them to become afraid of me or my ideas. That would be silly. They may have their own opinions, but my purpose is to get them to want to join in with me. I try to present my ideas in a manner that attracts their attention and support. The last thing I want to do is drive the other person further away.

If you're frustrated with the way things are here, get involved. Change the law if need be. Share with people your great ideas in honorable and encouraging ways. Attract the people and resources you need to make a change. Just remember, we are all Americans.  This is our country and our new president. Individually, we can be very powerful and effective, but together we can be amazing... for the good of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joy of Being "Known"

 Yesterday, I received a cheesy gold frame in the mail. It was in an Amazon box, but there was no packing slip or information as to who may ...