Friday, October 19, 2018

Trinity

I often get to visit with people who are confused about the three persons of The Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Usually, they fall into two categories: 1) They are afraid one one of them and therefore choose to ignore it. 2) They are worried that one is getting more credit than the other. I was contemplating this dilemma this morning as I prepared for work.

The thought occurred to me... My husband refers to me in different manners. He calls me "Babe" when he's talking to me as a husband or lover. He calls me "Mom" when it's something involving the kids or they are around. He calls me "Tam" when we're in business or ministry mode. Every time he uses one of those names, I know he's addressing me by the trait he needs to draw from. He is never confused or afraid of any of the above terms, and often makes up other names as needed. This is endearing. It's also a great way to communicate. I know what part of me he needs at any given moment. I am still me.

I wonder if it's the same for God. He is three in one, yet three very distinct parts. I don't think He gets offended if we use one name more than another. I love that each name has something I need desperately. He is God the Father: Creator, provider, protector and the one who gives and builds up my identity. He is God the Son: The only way to His heart, Lover, Friend, Confidant. He is God the Holy Spirit: My counselor, comforter and source of all His fruit. I refer to the part of Him I am in need of when I talk to Him.

Today, be aware of Trinity. Explore what He's saying to you about Himself. Encounter the freedom of intimacy with Him and let Him share with you his revelatory treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joy of Being "Known"

 Yesterday, I received a cheesy gold frame in the mail. It was in an Amazon box, but there was no packing slip or information as to who may ...