Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Bridge From Heaven to Earth

I was reading Galatians, in my Mom's Bible, this morning.She had several Bibles throughout her life. When she died in the spring, I went through her Bibles and chose to keep the one she had when she began to learn about and walk with Holy Spirit. This was in the late 70's and early 80's. This was when she sowed her desire for "more" into me.

I love how Mom underlined, highlighted, and gave definitions from the Greek for particular verses all throughout her Bible. She was hungry for God to give her revelation, so she spent time, every morning, waiting on him so she could receive all He had for her. The gold hidden between the lines of her Bible are priceless. This morning I felt like I was having devotions with her.

I was noticing, in my reading, how Paul seemed to have the same experience. When he was converted, he began to go directly to God for revelation. Paul didn't rely on the other apostles. In fact, he didn't even meet them until years later. Paul wanted to know God through a direct relationship, not one he received through others. He reminded others to seek revelation for themselves and to remember the gospel they had been taught... Jesus came in the flesh (living in the limits of humanity so he could become the perfect sacrifice to redeem what Adam lost). Jesus represented Kingdom and Kingdom could be found on earth ("On earth as it is in heaven," and "The kingdom of God is at hand"). Paul wanted his followers to stay pure even when others began to pile on rules and traditions that may lead them astray. Remember the basics you received at your salvation.

As I read on, Paul mentioned, "And they praised God because of me." (Gal 1:24). I love this because it represents something we often trip over. God chooses to use people who are willing to be in partnership with Him. This is a continuation of the purpose of sending Jesus in the flesh. God is constantly bridging the gap between God and man... heaven and earth. People praised God because Paul brought attention to all God was doing. Man saw Paul, but they praised God. God showed off what He was doing through Paul so that people would have a bridge to come to Him (yes, I just said the same thing, several different ways). He always uses people. He created us for this purpose. This is a great picture of the prayer Jesus prayed in John 17:21), "...that they may be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Today, I will remember that He lives in Me, just as He lives in Jesus, just as He lives in my Mom. What will that look like? What kind of glory will He receive today because people see me? What part of heaven will touch earth today because I said, "Yes," to this partnership? What will be the potential for tomorrow? This is what I believe Paul was referring to. This is where we say goodbye to status quo Christianity and say, "Yes!" to MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joy of Being "Known"

 Yesterday, I received a cheesy gold frame in the mail. It was in an Amazon box, but there was no packing slip or information as to who may ...