Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Armor of God

When I was little, I loved going to Disneyland. Now that I'm older, it's Disney World I spend most of my time visiting. Seeing the same place over and over can become tedious unless you have your eyes trained to notice things that are new or different. I can experience a whole new adventure as I look deeper into the details of what I didn't notice before.

The same is true with the Bible. We get used to seeing the same familiar verses, but believe me, there's gold under those words if you take the time to dig a little. 

This week, I was finishing my study in Ephesians. I got to the all familiar verse about the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18). I pulled out my Greek translation and began to dig. What is the meaning behind the meaning? What kind of revelation did God hide in those verses for hungry people, like me, to uncover? I was using my Mom's old Bible, so I pulled her notes together with mine. Then I took a step back to see what kind of treasure I had discovered. Here is what I found...

...Take up and use the complete armor of God, so that when the day of slanderous deceit comes from the enemy you still be able to withstand all that is coming at you. After you have done everything to set up a place to get balanced, then stand firm. Jesus has been revealed to you through Holy Spirit. That revelation will be like a belt wrapped around the areas representing procreation, and all which you pass on to others. Your heart will be protected by the integrity and virtue of Jesus. You are being fitted and prepared through the teaching of Good News by those you trust. Those lessons will bring you tranquility and peace. In addition to all of this, you will have a conviction of truth with which you can use to ward off the accusations of the enemy and those under his influence. Remember that it is the hope in Jesus that protects your mind and the living voice of God which will give you the discernment needed to separate what is useful and that which can be discarded. Process all of this with Holy Spirit. He will also guide you in how to pray for those around you...

I'd love to hear what kind of treasures you are unearthing in your studies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joy of Being "Known"

 Yesterday, I received a cheesy gold frame in the mail. It was in an Amazon box, but there was no packing slip or information as to who may ...