Friday, October 4, 2019

Stage 4 Cancer

I have a friend who was healed of stage 4 cancer years ago. It was in his esophagus. He wasn't a believer (at the time), but a child laid hands on him and prayed for him. When he went back to the doctor for an x-ray, there was a bright light where the cancer had once been.

Recently, I shared this testimony with a new friend of mine who was dealing with stage 4 cancer in her stomach. She had been going through all the procedures prescribed by her doctors. We all watched as she became increasingly thin and weak. One night, she came to our C.A.S.E. (Celebration Academy of Spiritual Empowerment) class and we all prayed over her.

The students had been learning how to listen to Holy Spirit and declare what they believed He was saying in any given situation. They began to declare God's goodness over my friend. Some moved in the authority Jesus has given us to tell sickness to leave (God is bigger than any of the enemy's weapons). They continued to intercede and love on my friend until they felt God say, "It is finished." Last week, we heard that my friend's positron emission tomography (PET) scan came back with NO SIGN OF CANCER.  She went from stage 4 to stage 0!

So, what does all this matter? When someone is healed like this, a seed is created. This seed can be planted in others and faith grows. The definition of testimony is: Evidence or proof provided by the existence of something. When you have proof that God did something, you have evidence that He can do it again. He isn't a respecter of persons. He makes this available for everyone. He came to give you life... life more abundant. It's the enemy who comes to rob, kill and destroy. Let's figure out whose camp we're hanging out in.

So, what about those who aren't healed? My own mother died of cancer and my daughter died after many people prayed over her. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have those answers. Rather than get offended at what I don't understand, I'll choose daily to partner with what I do see God doing. I'll thank Him for every little thing that demonstrates His goodness and His will for us all to prosper and be in good health. I'll side with Kingdom... the winning team.

We're taking back territory now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joy of Being "Known"

 Yesterday, I received a cheesy gold frame in the mail. It was in an Amazon box, but there was no packing slip or information as to who may ...